Beacon Park Innovation
Norfolk, NR31 7RA
Violence Prevention Supplier
Through our S.A.F.E. System
Click here to learn more
Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 17:00hrs
The cost is £30.00
Welcome to the Situational Awareness course, this e-learning course creates an awareness to educate and inform delegates of basic situational awareness concepts, so that you can gain invaluable tools to aid in your own personal security through better situational awareness.
It is important to have good situational awareness in the modern world, where threats are increasing. You only have to watch the news to understand that you never know when crime will strike. This course will provide you with the knowledge to create a personal safety mindset, as well as develop avoidance understanding.
This short course considers:
You will be guided through basic scientifically based concepts of paying attention to what is going on around you, to aid in your personal safety.
Other courses would enhance this course such as the Lone Worker Awareness Course, Terrorism Awareness Course and The Conflict Resolution Course.
Module 1 – Welcome to the course
In this module you will be introduced to Trisat terms and how to get the most from the course (PDF). Then you will be provided with an Introduction to the Basic Situational Awareness. The last part of this module is to establish what you already know, so that we can assess your learning objectives at the end of the course.
Module 2 – Basic Situational Awareness
This is the main module of the course providing the course content on how to become more situationally aware. You will be provided with the following:
1. The first part is the e-learning and by the end of this module delegates will be able to understand:
– What situational awareness is
– Why situational awareness is important
– How to monitor your own awareness
– How to identify when a situation is potentially dangerous
– What to do when you notice a potentially dangerous situation
– The most common situational awareness mistakes
2. A Colour Coding Awareness Video
3. A Becoming Situational Aware Video
4. O.O.D.A. Situational Awareness Decision Making Model Video with further videos on:
– O.O.D.A. Loop Situational Awareness – Observe Video
– O.O.D.A. Loop Situational Awareness – Orientate Video
– O.O.D.A. Loop Situational Awareness – Decide Video
– O.O.D.A. Loop Situational Awareness – Act Video
5. A quiz that focusses on the main points of the course
6. A recap video on elements to be remembered
Module 3 – Before you go
You will need to answer questions on the course material from a CPD perspective and then you will be able to rate the course and download your certificate.
Tremaine Kent has managed various aspects of security from high risk environments through to complicated technical projects, some of which was gained from a military and corporate perspective.
Tremaine has served with various specialist units within the military and has carried this experience through to Trisat.
Tremaine is a member of the Security Institute and holds a BSc in Security Consultancy and a FdA in Protective Security Management, amongst other relevant qualifications.
Tremaine also has experience within the education and skills sector assisting in writing the National Occupational Standards for Close Protection with Bucks New University. This accolade of experience and qualifications enables Tremaine to author and develop unique modern courses in personal security, conflict resolution & situational awareness e-learning courses.